A lot has happened in the past month, so I thought I’d do a little re-cap post looking back on those things that have made me smile. With Spring well and truly rolling in now, it’s hard not to feel positive about good changes and fresh beginnings, so it only seems fitting.
- It’s now been nine months since we got Gizzy our cat, and his cheeky little character never fails to make me smile, it’s so lovely coming back to both him and Luke at the end of a long day for a cuddle.
- Although I was made redundant from my job, I had known for a long time that it was no longer working out for me, so in a way it was both a relief and the push I needed going forward to find somewhere new. I felt a sense of both worry and relief, it was an odd feeling but definitely a positive uncertainty.
- I applied for many new jobs, and finally one took a chance on me, and it couldn’t have worked out better. With only a week left to go at my current position, I’m excited to get stuck in and just go for it. Even better that it’s a five minute walk from our house which means I can spend less time commuting, and more time living.
- I celebrated my birthday, they don’t quite seem as pivotal the older I get but it was still lovely to receive gifts and cards, whilst spending a most needed day off work.
- We booked our flights to Japan. We were already confirmed to be going to Hong Kong in less than two months time now, and knew that if we were going all that way anyway, what was another four hours across to Japan? So this is it, we’re coming for you Tokyo. I can’t wait.
- I started to pursue something that has taken a back-seat in recent years, I got back into my photography and have already done my first shoot with a fellow blogger and have several others scheduled.
- Realising I get more holiday allowance in my new job has made my wanderlust extend into dreams of going away again later in the year.
- I completed another level of ballet, and return again in two weeks time to start my Spring semester. It’s little steps but in the past semester I’ve seen huge improvements in my understanding and technical skills, which only drives me further.
- I finally made the decision to bring my blog over from Blogger to WordPress, and more impressively I did it all myself just following tutorials, even after a few hazy moments! I much prefer the style of it now and feel WordPress almost gives me a more professional platform to work with. What do you think of my new look?
- The seeds and bulbs I planted a few weeks ago in our garden are starting to shoot up with little green stems filling the soil, I can’t wait for them all to bloom and bring some colour.
This week will be the last few days I spend with my fellow team mates of the past year before I leave the company and head onto bigger things the following week. I have bittersweet feelings about leaving, it was my first official full time job that wasn’t just experience based since moving to Edinburgh, and we’ve had a good laugh, but I think it will be good for me to be elsewhere in a completely different agency focus as a designer. What has made you happy this month?